Sunday 20 November 2011

Starting up a shop...

Figuring out how to sell my handmade bits has been the bane of my life for the last few weeks.

The main question is... Folksy... Etsy...or... NOTH?

I am currently using BigCartel since it is free to use, but I am not getting the flow of customers & exposure I need to get my very small business off of the ground.

NotOnTheHighstreet charges a membership fee, but doesn't charge listing fees. Although the website doesn't show any charges, which is off-putting. 

Folksy is a lot more forthcoming with their prices. They don't charge a joining fee, but It costs 20p (excluding VAT) to list an item on Folksy. You can list up to 5 items in one listing (e.g. quantity 5 of one type of thing). They also charge 5% commission (excluding VAT) on all sales.

Etsy charges around 13p for every item listed (e.g. 13p for each item, even the same stock). They charge 3.5% commission on all sales.

Folksy seems to be the best choice, but I'm wondering what you all use, how the service is, whether you find the fees acceptable?

Pleasseeee Help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment