Saturday 12 November 2011

30 Days of Knitting...The Answers



30 Day of Knitting

Day 1:


What was your first finished project?


My first project was the Chocolate Gateau Slice!
image
It seemed to take forever, my knitting was still slow & there were a few dropped stitches by the end, but I made it! It now takes pride of place on my cake stand in my room.



Day 2


What is currently on your needles?


At the moment  there's a little bat on my 4mm's and a heart on my 3.25mm's... will hopefully both be finished off tomorrow! Eeeeek. I only tend to have one or two projects on my needles 
at a time, otherwise I'll never get them finished! I get very easily side-tracked!


Day 3

Do you have any other WIPs (works in progress)?

Well I started two hamsters, a basic one & a skeleton one... they fustraited me though, so they ended up in little zip-lock bags in my knitting basket! I only tend to take on projects that take a few days. Generally, the easier the better!


Day 4

How did you learn to knit?

I was taught to knit about 2 or  3 years ago by my great great Auntie. My Aunties are very thrifty ladies  & I loved their outlook. They keep those forgotten crafts alive!
Auntie Eddie & Auntie Dot

Auntie Eddie was a dab hand with knitting needles & Auntie Dot with sewing needles. So week upon week for about 2 months Auntie Eddie taught me to knit. She was highly amused at just how terrible I was and how long it took me to pick up, but we did it! She would pick up my dropped stitches for me and taught me the different stitches... & that's when I fell in love with knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment